Description of Object:
Fuller calculator presented in a wooden handmade box by W F Stanley & Co Ltd, London.
Everything for the engineer, architect and surveyor in field drawing office. This calculator is the equivalent of a slide rule measuring no less than 25 metres. It was patented by George Fuller of Queen’s College, Belfast in 1878 and was sold up to 1975.
As the material is Bakelite and not mahogany, it is likely to be a 1950’s model
Date of Object:
1950 – 1960
Used by employees at Murgatroyd’s, Booth Lane site.
Measures: 45cms by 11cms
Held by Middlewich Heritage Trust, as part of the George Twigg Collection